One of my children’s teachers asked me this question: What are some books that have changed your life? Here is my first pass at answering her.
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. Best explanation of the Christian faith I have ever read.
- Reforming Marriage by Douglas Wilson. Forever changed the way I think about being a husband.
- Creation Regained by Albert Wolters. Created indelible categories in my mind for understanding worldview (creation/fall/redemption).
- For the Life of the World by Alexander Schmemann. The first chapter of this book changed the way I see everything.
- Confessions by St. Augustine. Helped me understand who I am.
- The Case for Covenant Baptism ed. by Gregg Strawbridge. The reason I am a Presbyterian.
- Gospel and Kingdom by Graeme Goldsworthy. Began a Copernican revolution in the way I think about the Old Testament and consequently the whole Bible.
- 1984 by George Orwell. I return to this brilliant dystopian novel every few years and experience a fresh catharsis every time.
What say you?