I remember doing elementary experiments in school.
- Start with a theory – something like, “Water makes things wet and sorta change colors.”
- Write your hypothesis – “I hypothesize that pouring water on the red construction paper will make it wet and appear darker in color.”
- State the procedure you’re going to employ – “I am going to pour water on the red construction paper.”
- Conduct the experiment and record the results – “I poured water on the red construction paper and it got wet and appeared darker in color.”
- State your conclusion which either confirms or debunks your hypothesis – “Water makes red construction paper wet and appear darker in color.”
Such was the experiment in traffic generation. I poured water on the construction paper. It got wet and changed color. I am simultaneously proud and ashamed.